NBJK (Nav Bharat Jagriti Kendra) is one of the most renowned, credible, active, and transparent voluntary organizations of the country working in Jharkhand & Bihar in North India completing successful 50 years in 2020 in Rural Development.
Inspired by the autobiography of Mahatma Gandhi “Satya Ke Prayog” and vision of Sarvodaya Leader, Jai Prakash Narayan, four young engineering graduates established Nav Bharat Jagriti Kendra (NBJK) in the year 1971 to support the marginalized community for a better and happy life. NBJK is working on the issue of Health (Eye Care, Disability, Mental Health Care, Maternal & Child Health and Adolescent Sexual Health & Hygiene); Livelihood (Promoting Advance Agriculture Techniques, NRM, Watershed, Vocational Skill Training, Women's Enterprises) and Education (Girls Education, formal schools in remote villages & slums, Remedial Coaching Centres for High School’s girls in villages, Special Schools for Children with Disability, Residential school for Destitute-Orphan-Street children etc.)
Strengths of the Organization:
- Most Credible and Active VO of Jharkhand & Bihar with 50 years of rich experience in Social/Rural Development (Established in January 1971)
- Strong Program Management & Implementation system with full transparency and accountability
- Experienced and qualified 700+ Professionals/Activists with social commitment
- Well equipped 13 offices & training centers in different location of Jharkhand & Bihar
- Very good rapport with the community, government, social networks, elected representatives
- Represented in different boards & committees in different years in Government bodies as member in Planning Commission, National Commission for Member, CAPART-under aegis of MORD-GOI, Welfare Dept.-GOJ etc.
- 49 Years of good track record and rich experience in the field of livelihood, education, health, networking With Small Group Support and advocacy in 40 districts of Jharkhand and Bihar.
- Supported over 30 International and National donors every year besides government grants and individual donations.
- Network of over 400 NGOs in Jharkhand & Bihar and promoted to get established over 100 Competent NGOs in both the states.
NBJK has earned accolades on several fronts and time to time deputed members in different boards and committees which are as under:
- Deputed Member by Government of Jharkhand in Clinical Establishment State Council, State Supervisory board on PC & PNDT ACT, State Advisory Committee on RPD Act 2016 and in Management Committee of RINPAS (Ranchi Kanke Mental Hospital) in year 2018-19 and Member Mental Health Authority-Govt. of Jharkhand
- Got “Jyotirmay Award” on 26 Oct. 2019 by Prasad Machinery Pvt. Ltd-Gujrat (Citation & Rs.5 lakhs)
- Got Asia Philanthropy Life-time Achievement Award by Asia Philanthropy Award Committee- Seoul-South Korea on 24th April 2019
- Member, Executive Committee, INAFI, Madurai
- Member, Executive Committee, AVARD, New Delhi
- Member, Managing / District Committee, DRDA, NRHM and Sadar Hospital, Hazaribag, Govt. of Jharkhand
- Ex-Members - (Executive Board, Sa-Dhan, New Delhi), (Governing Board, Credibility Alliance, Mumbai), (Board of Grant Sanctioning Committee, EEJP, New Delhi), (Xth Five Year Plan Drafting Cell on Voluntary Organization, Planning Commission, GOI)
- Father Tong Memorial Award in category of Best Community Health Organization for the year 2000 by Bihar Voluntary Health Association, Patna
- Best Enterprises Development Service Provider in East Zone for the year 2003 by SIDBI
- 5th Sarda Equal Opportunities Award, 2005 for outstanding contribution towards the improvement in quality of life among tribal and backward classes (Citation & Rs.5 Lakhs)
- Got Rs 5 Lakh from Maharashtra Govt. Chief Minister Fund in 2005 for outstanding social works
- 10th Water Digest Water Award – 2016, Winner under category of Best NGO for Revival of Rural Water Resources.
- NBJK has been n different committees and boards at different times in Planning Commission Task force for Decentralized funding, in drafting committees of 10th Five Year plan under voluntary action cell of Planning Commission, National Standing Committee of CAPART , National Literacy Mission etc.
- Got Equal Opportunity Award, (Rs.5 Lakh and Citation) Father Tong Award and Grant from Chief Minister Fund- Govt. of Maharashtra (RS. 5 Lakh), Short listed in Panel of Jamnalal Bajaj Award-2013.